Any ideas for the JOS or JOS Kernel API?
The larger dashed lines are to show that there will be a mix of
| Java API
|| JOS Services API
|| JOS API
| JOS Kernel API
- Java API
- Java Platform Core API, JFC, Java 3D, etc.
- JOS Services API
- 100% Pure Java, Service/Framework/Bean stuff. "org.jos.*"
- JOS API
- Not 100% Pure Java, any services that may be needed for JOS to work (Starting applications, accessing drivers, etc). "jos.*"
- This would be made up of more interfaces. (VM and GC, Driver and Kernel, etc)
- JOS Kernel API
- This is more of a service layer that each kernel would have to provide for JOS to work. (Threads, Drivers, etc)
- Could be any kernel or OS. (JOS Kernel, RTEMS, Linux, Dos, etc)
- Any type of hardware.
-- Robert Fitzsimons (31 March 1998)
I'm currently designing an API framework (APIStructureProposal), expect to upload it soon (this evening?). Then I'd love to dicuss our ideas with you, Robert! (Maybe a little chat?)
Content of these pages are owned and copyrighted by the poster.