To provide a free cryptography provider, compatible with Sun's Java Cryptography Extensions.
The library will be implemented as a standard JAVA extension (javax.crypto) named ORGJOS. Eventually it will work on both the 1.2.x and 1.1.x versions of the Java Platform but we will start with support for JDK 1.2 because of it's cleaner design.
The algorithms being implemented are (in no particular order):
- MD2, MD4, MD5, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, SHA-1
- Blowfish, CAST-128, DES, 3DES, IDEA, RC2, RC4, RC5, TEA
- Diffie-Hellman, DSS, ECC, ElGamal, RPK, RSA
- 1998.01.01 - Provider name choosen: ORGJOS
- 1998.01.05 - First small part of javax.crypto released
Work in progress
To be done
- Choose a license and attach it to each source file
- Clone the javax.crypto classes
- The rest of the algorithms
- Extensive documentation
Content of these pages are owned and copyrighted by the poster.