15 December 2004
Release 1 of ERIC 1f is now available. This version includes a mechanism for setting system (-D) and Java Virtual Machine (-X) properties. Properties can be defined in a configuration file, in a shortcut or on the command line. The eric.home, eric.program and eric.version properties are automatically defined. The Fork API is intended to use these system properties to (eventually) clone a virtual machine.
Release 22 of cjos 1.0 has been committed to CjOS CVS on sourceforge.net. The ant-optional-cjos, cjoslib and cjosweb packages are now available for immediate download. This release of cjosweb includes release 1f-1 of the eric tool for Linux. This release includes the Smart SSL plug-in, enabling your application to more easily create a two-way SSL connection.
See also the CjOS Project at http://cjos.sourceforge.net/ .
6 June 2004
The first release of the Jar Search Utility is now available through CjOS CVS on sourceforge.net. Java classes are often packaged in Java Archives (JARs). The Jar Search utility enables you to search many jars for a specific class. For more information, see also JarSearchUtility.
The first release of the XML Document Controller is now available through CjOS CVS on sourceforge.net. This plug-in implements the new
document:xml: scheme. For more information on this exciting scheme, see also SmartApiDocumentXmlScheme.
20 May 2004
During the last six weeks, we have been working toward a more manage-able build process for our CjOS Project. As an open source project, it is important for others to be able to build our software from source code. It was necessary to put great effort into a completely re-designed build process. While this is effort that could not be spent on maintaining and upgrading the C++ and Java source code, our build process must be predictable and reliable.
In the middle of these six weeks, CjOS CVS on sourceforge.net was moved from
cvs.sourceforge.net. It was difficult to commit many of my most recent changes. Instead, the project was checked out of
cvs.sourceforge.net to a new development directory. Changes were manually moved from my old development directory to my new one.
For example, early releases of the ant-optional-cjos package mistakenly contained an old version of the Smart API Task because the latest version was .
The Package Audit tool has been very helpful for auditing the build process. This tool enables us to import and then browse a list of Java packages and their build directories. An audit of our Java packages is always full of surprises. The audit shows that our packages are not being built as we intended. The Package Audit tool is free license and open source, part of the CjOS Project.
- Version 1e of the deric tool have been upgraded for use with Apache Ant.
18 May 2004
- SmartJDBCProtocols is our featured article.
- Release 12 of ant-optional-cjos 0.1 is now available. This is a collection of jars related to Apache Ant. The RPM distribution requires the ant package and install jars in its /usr/share/ant/lib directory.
- Release 9 of eric 1e is now available. The binary distribution features the latest release of Universal Browser 1c.
- Release 6 of MiniServer 1c is now available.
- Release 11 of cjoslib is now available.
- The long anticipated release 6 of cjosweb is now available. Because of new disk space quotas for cjos.sourceforge.net, it cannot yet be upgraded with the Erica tool. In this release, package files are stored in the jpkg directory instead of the cache directory.
30 April 2004
- The new "database" interface is now available in CjOS CVS for your review (and use). A basic implementation of this interface is found in the
gchii.library.smartdatabase1c package. The database: scheme returns an instance of
org.jos.database1a.Database or null.
ant-optional-cjos is a new RPM package from the CjOS Project. It includes a large assortment of Java programs that can be used with Apache Ant.
- After much anticipation, the first release of BindGen is now availalble for Java. It is found in the
gchii.tools.bindgen1a package. This program generates Java source code from an existing JDBC-compatible database. The Bind Library for Java has been available for some time. It is found in the
gchii.library.bind1b package. It enables you to bind Java fields to columns in a JDBC result set.
- A package audit has been performed for the CjOS Project. Here are some highlights. Some of our packages are not yet built by our new build process. Many of our test programs are not yet built, not yet scripted.
18 April 2004
- We're designing a new "database" interface for the Database Design Studio. For more information, see also the DatabaseDesignStudioPages article.
16 April 2004
12 April 2004
- Release 4 of Smart API 4a is now available for download. For more information, see also the AboutSmartApi article.
9 April 2004
- Release 1 of Smart API Task 1a is now available for download. For more information, see also the AboutSmartApiTask article.
8 April 2004
- NewArticles2a provides a list of new JOS Wiki articles.
- Version 2a of Static Wiki is now available for download. For more information, see also the AboutStaticWiki article.
26 March 2004
- Space is limited on the CjOS Project homepage at http://cjos.sourceforge.net/ . We are working to make our software available throught the File Release System. For more information, see also CjOSAndFileReleaseSystem .
2 March 2004
- We have a goal for the CjOS Project. We would like to distribute all of our compiled classes in very small set of jars. For more information, see also CjOSAndJarDesign.
5 January 2004
- Quickly integrate your Java application into your Linux and Microsoft Windows environment with the eric tool. Version 1e is now available from CjOS CVS on sourceforge.net.
- Use your favorite HTML browser to view your JDBC database. The SQLDoc tool is a Java servlet. Version 1e for Tomcat 4 is now available as a Linux RPM.
- GilbertHerschbergerDirection article provides more information on the direction of the CjOS Project, one of our sister projects.
- See also the first draft of TwoMillionLines article.
Content of these pages are owned and copyrighted by the poster.