News - 4/20/98 - Been very busy lately, but I did update PrettyPrinter to fix a few bugs and a MAJOR speed improvement for most source files. I tested with a 62K source file on a P200, and it ran at about 16 seconds BEFORE the latest changes. Now it finishes in only ONE SECOND! Amazing what optimizing a 'for' loop can do for ya. :)
View the History for more changes.
If someone wants to write a perl subroutine that can format the Source Server main tree view into something nicer, please feel free, and I will incorporate it into the code. I had an OK routine that was almost nice looking, but never enough time to work on it.
Older news - The preliminary SS is online! Go here. Click on the More Info link to read more about it (on that page).
This is a beta test, so add bugs you find to the list below (priority order please). I'll make more of an update tomorrow... I'm real tired.
NOTE: Please don't be offended if your source code gets wiped out. Since this is a testing phase, it is likely I will need to fix bugs and wipe out existing source code until it is real stable.
Below are links to the source code. If you spot a bug, and you think you can fix it, PLEASE DO. :) That what is great about the Bazaar method. :)
- PrettyPrinter.pm (JOS::PrettyPrinter)
- Java.pm (JOS::PrettyPrinter::Java)
- Java.pm History
- Java.pm To Do
- pretty.t (example script that uses PP)
You can view the current history of changes here.
- Fix .tar.gz and .tar.z archive handling. .zip/.tar/.jar archives all seem to work OK now. --
- There is no way to delete files that have been uploaded to the wrong package. [ PabloMorales ]
- [Insert bug report here]
- Better heirarchy view on main list page (already know what I'm gonna do, just need to do it)
- Figure out the best way to format the source code.
- Debug PrettyPrinter some more.
- Get ideas on how to do version control in this system.
- Figure out how to best hyperlink classes between source code files (like linking to someone else's source code if you use their Bean, automatically).
Content of these pages are owned and copyrighted by the poster.